Why Do Game Developers Use Unreal Engine – Game development companies hire Unreal Engine developers for a variety of reasons. Unreal Engine is one of the most popular game engines due to its wide range of features and tools that make game development easier and faster.
With Unreal Engine, developers can create immersive experiences with photorealistic graphics, advanced physics and AI, real-time effects such as dynamic shadows and reflections, and more. Additionally, Unreal Engine makes it easy to hire unreal engine developers since it’s open source and free to use.
This means there are many experienced Unreal Engine developers available who are well-versed in working with this platform.
Why Do Game Developers Use Unreal Engine?
About Unreal Engine
Unreal Engine, developed and maintained by Epic Games, is a powerful tool for game developers to create 3D and 2D games on a variety of platforms such as PC, console, mobile, and VR/AR. The engine boasts advanced rendering capabilities, a built-in physics engine, and a user-friendly visual scripting system called Blueprints that allows developers to easily create gameplay and logic without having to write any code.
Unreal Engine’s versatility extends beyond just the gaming industry and it is used in a variety of other industries such as film and television, architecture, product design, and many more.
Unreal Engine is available for free to download and use, with a 5% royalty on gross revenue after the first $3,000 per product per quarter, making it accessible to indie game developers and small studios. The engine has a large and active community that provides a wealth of resources and support for developers.
The engine is constantly being updated and improved, with new features and capabilities being added regularly. Some recent updates include a new physics engine, an improved lighting system, better support for mobile devices and virtual reality, and improved animation tools.
Overall, Unreal Engine is a versatile, powerful, and widely-used game engine that can be used to develop high-quality, visually stunning games across a wide range of platforms. It provides developers with the tools they need to bring their creative visions to life and create immersive and engaging experiences for players.
Top 10 Reasons Why do game developers use Unreal Engine On a Regular Basis?
One of the main advantages of Unreal Engine is its powerful features. It has a wide range of tools and features, including advanced graphics, AI support, physics engine integration, networking capabilities, animation tools, and more. This allows developers to create high-quality games with realistic graphics and detailed environments.
Some of the key features of Unreal Engine include:
- Visual scripting with Blueprints
- Advanced rendering capabilities
- Built-in physics engine
- Cross-platform support
- Active community and resources
- Asset creation and editing tools
- Multiplayer, AI, Audio, Animation, Networking
- Import assets from 3D modeling software
- Middleware integrations
Unreal Engine also allows developers to deploy their games on multiple platforms without having to rewrite large amounts of code for each platform. This makes it easy for developers to reach audiences on PC, consoles, or mobile devices using the same source code.
Because Unreal Engine is open-source software (free), game development using this engine can be done at a much lower cost than other proprietary engines. This makes it an attractive option for independent developers who are looking to maximize their profits.
Easy to hire Unreal Engine developers
Due to the popularity of Unreal Engine, it is easy to hire professional game developers with experience in this engine. This makes it easier and more cost-effective for game development teams to find skilled individuals who can help create high-quality games.
Extensive online community
Unreal Engine has an active and supportive online community of developers. This makes it easy to find answers to any questions or issues you may have while using the engine.
Epic Games regularly releases updates and improvements to the engine, adding new features and increasing performance. This ensures that developers are always able to create games with the latest technology available.
Unreal Engine is highly optimized to provide a smooth gaming experience with minimal lag or overhead. This makes it ideal for creating games that require intense graphics and processor usage.
Creating VR games
Finally, Unreal Engine is one of the best engines for creating virtual reality (VR) games. Developers can easily create immersive and interactive worlds using the engine’s advanced tools and features.
How to Hire a Professional Unreal Engine Developer?
Hiring a professional Unreal Engine developer can be a complex process, but by following these steps, you can increase your chances of finding the right person for the job:
- Define the project requirements: Before you start looking for a developer, it is important to have a clear understanding of the project requirements. This includes the scope of the project, the targeted platforms, the features and functionality that are required, and the timeline for completion.
- Look for relevant experience: Unreal Engine is a powerful tool that requires a specific set of skills. Look for developers who have experience working with Unreal Engine and have a portfolio of relevant projects.
- Check for skills in other areas: Unreal Engine developers should have a good understanding of game development, programming, and 3D modeling. They should also have experience working with other technologies, such as C++ and other programming languages, as well as experience with 3D modeling and animation software.
- Consider the team size: Unreal Engine projects may require a team of developers with different specializations, such as gameplay programmers, technical artists, and network engineers. Consider the size of the team required for your project and the skills and experience that each team member should have.
- Interview and assess the candidates: Once you have identified potential candidates, conduct interviews to assess their skills and experience, and their ability to work well in a team. You can also give them a test project to evaluate their skills.
- Check references and work samples: Before making a final decision, be sure to check references and review the candidate’s work samples to get a better understanding of their skills and experience.
- Be prepared to negotiate: Once you have found the right candidate, be prepared to negotiate salary and other terms of employment.
Developing 2D & 3D Games Using Unreal Engine
Developing 2D and 3D games using Unreal Engine can be a complex process, but it can be broken down into the following steps:
- Planning: Before you begin development, it is important to plan out the project. This includes defining the scope of the project, identifying the targeted platforms, and outlining the features and functionality that are required.
- Asset creation: Create or gather the necessary assets for the game, such as 3D models, textures, and animations. Unreal Engine has built-in tools for creating and editing 3D assets, as well as the ability to import assets from other 3D modeling software.
- Setting up the project: Create a new project in Unreal Engine and set up the basic project structure. This includes creating levels, setting up the camera, and creating a player character.
- Scripting and programming: Use Blueprints or C++ to create the game logic, such as character movement, object interactions, and other gameplay mechanics. Unreal Engine also has a built-in physics engine that can be used to create realistic simulations of physics and collisions.
- Testing and debugging: Test the game on various platforms and devices to identify and fix any bugs or issues. Unreal Engine also has built-in debugging and profiling tools that can help you identify and fix performance issues.
- Polishing and optimization: Once the game is functional, work on polishing the game and optimizing its performance. This includes adding visual effects, optimizing the rendering and physics, and fine-tuning the gameplay mechanics.
- Deployment: Once the game is complete, it is time to deploy the game on the targeted platforms. Unreal Engine supports a wide variety of platforms, including PC, console, mobile, and VR/AR.
More Related Guides:
In conclusion, Unreal Engine is one of the most powerful game engines available today. It provides developers with a range of tools for creating stunning visuals, immersive environments, and physics-based objects.
By hiring a professional Unreal Engine developer, you can take full advantage of all that the engine has to offer and create high-quality games with realistic visuals and engaging gameplay.
So now, you know Why Do Game Developers Use Unreal Engine and why you should also hire unreal engine developers for your game developement company.