We’ve all been there – you go to check your phone and realize you’ve forgotten your lock screen password. Now you’re locked out with no way to access your apps, data, or contacts. It’s enough to give anyone a panic attack!
How to OpenOnePlus Without Data Loss
Luckily, there are a few tricks to unlock your OnePlus device without totally resetting it and losing all your information.
Learn How to Unlock OnePlus Without Data Loss?
Let’s look at the two easiest options.
Method #1: Use Google Find My Device:
This method works if you have a Google account attached to your OnePlus phone:
- On another device, open the Google Find My Device website and sign into your Google account.
- Locate your OnePlus phone on the map.
- Select the “Erase” option. This makes it sound like you’ll lose everything, but don’t worry!
- Confirm your choice and wait for the process to complete.
Your OnePlus will then be unlocked without disturbing any of your data. Phew!
Method #2: Connect Your Phone to a Computer:
If you don’t have a Google account on your OnePlus, don’t sweat it. You can also unlock it by:
- Connecting the phone to a computer with a USB cable.
- On the computer, choose the “Remove Without Data Loss” option.
- Put your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons.
- Download the OnePlus recovery package on your computer.
- Complete the download, then select “Remove Now” on your phone.
This will get you back into your OnePlus, again without any data loss. Success!
Did You Miss it?
The Bottom Line:
Getting locked out of your smartphone can induce some serious rage. But as you can see, you can regain access to your OnePlus without resetting it and losing your personal information.
The key is either using Find My Device or connecting to a computer and downloading the recovery package. Test these methods out so you’re prepared for the inevitable day you draw a blank on your password.
Stay calm and unlock on!